EnergyWatch

Abu Dhabi poised to construct the world's largest solar farm

The financing for the USD 872 million solar farm is close to finalization, according to Abu Dhabi's state-owned utility.

Totalling 1.177 GW, the future solar farm will be the biggest in the world and the funding for the project is now settled, says Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority, ADWEA, according to Reuters.

In total, the farm will cost AED 3.2 billion (EUR 820 million) to construct. The financing will consist of ADWEA supplying 25 percent of the capital while the remaining 75 percent will be debt, lent from local as well as international banks. It is expected that financing will be finalized by April.

Already a subscriber? Log in.

Read the whole article

Get access for 14 days for free.
No credit card is needed, and you will not be automatically signed up for a paid subscription after the free trial.

  • Access all locked articles
  • Receive our daily newsletters
  • Access our app
An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from EnergyWatch

Ørsted aims to be number one on carbon capture

The utility hopes to win the Danish carbon capture and storage tender with a plan to capture 400,000 tonnes of CO2 by 2025 from the company’s biomass-fired combined heat and power stations.

Nordex downgrades forecast

The German turbine manufacturer has had a rougher start to 2022 so far than expected, prompting the company to downgrade guidance by EUR 200m at minimum.

Further reading

Related articles

Latest News

See all jobs