EnergyWatch

Half of all new Norwegian cars are electric or hybrid

The Norwegian system, which provides advantageous conditions for electric vehicles, is a huge success. The people of Norway have never driven on as much electricity as they do now.

While sales of electric cars in Denmark have completely stagnated after the country's government implemented new tariffs on green vehicles last year, things are developing quite differently in fellow Scandinavian country Norway.

New data from Norway's Road Traffic Information Council (OFV) shows that electric cars made up 17.6 percent of the new car sales in Norway during January 2017, while hybrid cars constituted 33.8 percent. As such, for the first time in Norway's history, the majority of cars sold run either partially or completely on electricity. All in all, the stake amounts to 51.4 percent, reports news agency AFP.

Already a subscriber? Log in.

Read the whole article

Get access for 14 days for free.
No credit card is needed, and you will not be automatically signed up for a paid subscription after the free trial.

  • Access all locked articles
  • Receive our daily newsletters
  • Access our app
An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from EnergyWatch

Ørsted aims to be number one on carbon capture

The utility hopes to win the Danish carbon capture and storage tender with a plan to capture 400,000 tonnes of CO2 by 2025 from the company’s biomass-fired combined heat and power stations.

Nordex downgrades forecast

The German turbine manufacturer has had a rougher start to 2022 so far than expected, prompting the company to downgrade guidance by EUR 200m at minimum.

Further reading

Related articles

Latest News

See all jobs