EnergyWatch

RWE commissions 475MW Swedish wind farm

The German utility has hooked up 114 turbines at onshore wind farm Nysater to the Swedish electricity grid.

Photo: RWE

Approximately 400 kilometers north of Stockholm, nearly half a GW of wind energy is now connected to the Swedish transmission grid. RWE has commissioned the Nysater onshore wind farm of 114 turbines with a capacity of 475MW, writes RWE Renewables in a press release.

RWE owns a 20% stake in the project and will handle operations of the wind farm. Energy Infrastructure Partners owns the remaining 80%.

Already a subscriber? Log in.

Read the whole article

Get access for 14 days for free.
No credit card is needed, and you will not be automatically signed up for a paid subscription after the free trial.

  • Access all locked articles
  • Receive our daily newsletters
  • Access our app
An error has occured. Please try again later.

Get full access for you and your coworkers.

Start a free company trial today

More from EnergyWatch

Danish government to ban routine flaring by next summer

By next summer, flaring of excess gas will no longer be permitted in the Danish part of the North Sea unless strictly necessary for the safety of employees. The government’s ban on routine flaring comes in the wake of EnergyWatch’s coverage of the issue.

IEA: Nuclear power set for potential comeback

As the world looks for ways to address the ongoing energy crisis, nuclear power has the potential to play a significant role, notes the International Energy Agency in a just-released report.

Further reading

Related articles

Latest News

See all jobs